At the age of four months Stanford (Earl) Blodgett moved with his family to Alberta, later graduating from the Provincial Institute of Technology and Art (now Alberta College of Art and Design). He instructed at both the Alberta College of Art and Banff School of Fine Arts from 1948 to 1976. After Stanford retired, he continued to share his gift by holding watercolour workshops at the Leighton center. He was also an accomplished musician playing piano, trumpet and euphonium and was a member of the Calgary Concert band. He was a member of Canadian Society Painters in watercolour, Canadian Society of Painters-Etchers and Engravers, Manisphere group of artists, as well as past president of Alberta Society of Artists. His work has been exhibited nationally in major art galleries including the Montreal Museum, Hamilton Art Gallery, and the Ontario Society of Artists. His work is in the permanent collections of the Canadian Embassy London England; Aberfan collection, Wales; S.K.F. collection, Sweden; University of Calgary, Edmonton School Board, Mount Allison University, New Brunswick and Western College of Veterinary Medicine, Saskatchewan.